Potato Bhajji Recipe
Recipe Cuisine: South Indian | Recipe Category: Snack
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Serves: 3
Potato - 1
Oil - to deep fry
Besan flour - 1 cup
Rice flour - 1/4 cup
Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Cooking soda - a pinch
Salt - to taste
Water - as required(3/4 cups approx)
In a large bowl, combine together all the dry ingredients listed under the list "for batter". Add water little by little and and make a smooth paste without any lumps.
Peel the skin of the potato and cut them into long thin slices.
Heat oil in a Kadhai, wait until it becomes hot. Dip the potato slices in the batter and deep fry till it turns golden brown.
Transfer it to a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
Serve them with hot tea.
- If you want a perfect round shaped select the potato according to that.
- Consistency of the batter is very important. So add water little by little. If the batter is thin it won't stick into the potato.
- The batter should be neither thick nor thin.
- If the batter becomes too thin, adjust it by adding flour.
- Rice flour is added to make crispy. So adjust according to crispness required.
|Keep all your ingredients ready|
|Sieve the besan flour to avoid lump formation|
|Similarly sieve the rice flour|
|Add the chilli powder|
|Add in salt, cooking soda, asafoetida and make a smooth paste adding little water. The batter should neither thick nor thin|
|Peel the skin of potato and cut into thin slices|
|Dip the slices into the batter and drip off the excess batter|
|Drop the slices into the oil. Turn to the other side when one end is cooked and fry till golden brown|
|When it turns golden color, remove from flame and drain the excess oil|
|Potato bajji is ready! Serve with hot tea...|