Also check my other cake recipes,
Orange Carrot Cake
Recipe Cuisine: World | Recipe Category: Baking
Prep Time: 10 mins | Baking Time: 1 hr | Cake Pan used: 8"X2"
All purpose flour - 1 3/4 cup
Grated Carrot - 2 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
Eggs - 4
Oil - 3/4 cup
Baking Powder - 2 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp, optional
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Orange zest - 1/4 cup(zest of 1 orange, approx 3 tblspn)
Orange juice - 3 tblspn
Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp, optional
Walnuts - 2 tblspn, optional
In a large mixing bowl, crack the eggs. Add orange zest, orange juice, vanilla extract and sugar. Beat well for a minute. And slowly add oil and beat well for 5 minute till you get a nice pale yellow colour.
Sift all purpose flour and add in cinnamon powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the sifted flour to the egg mixture and fold gently.
Then, add grated carrot and mix it gently. Pour the cake flour to a lined baking tin.
Preheat the oven to 350 F(175 C). Bake for 50 minutes. Insert a toothpick to check if the cake is done. If not bake it for 5 to 10 minutes more. (Refer notes)
Once cake is cooled, enjoy.
- Cover it with a aluminium foil on the top after 35 minutes to avoid burning on the top.
- Cake will not rise properly if the oven door is opened frequently.
- You can skip adding vanilla extract as we add orange for flavor.
- Temperature may vary for oven to oven so baking time will be 10 minutes more or less.
- Adding frosting on the top of the cake is optional. This cake tastes best without any icing.
- Cake will not rise properly if the baking powder is old or not stored properly.
- Also if the oven is not hot enough, the cake will not rise properly.
- Do not add too much of baking powder. Use correct measurements.
- Do not overmix the batter after flour is added to the egg as it can make the cake tough.
- If the cake tin is too small, too much of batter can result in uncooked middle part.
- If the oven temperature is too high, outside of the cake will cook faster and the inside will not be cooked properly.
|Keep all your ingredients ready|
|Crack the eggs in a large mixing bowl|
|Beat the egg with a hand mixer|
|Add 1 cup of sugar|
|3 tablespoon of orange zest|
|3 tablespoon of fresh orange juice is added|
|Add 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract. This is optional as the cake has natural orange flavour. Beat well for a minute.|
|Add 3/4 cups of oil|
|Beat well for 4 to 5 minutes till you get a pale yellow color|
|In a bowl, take all purpose flour, add in baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, salt to it|
|Egg is beaten well|
|Sift the flour and add it to the egg mixture. Fold it gently. Do not overmix the batter.|
|Add in grated carrot.|
|Pour the cake batter to a lined baking tin. Preheat the oven to 350 F(175 C). Bake for 50 minutes. Cover with a aluminium foil on the top after 35 minutes to avoid burning on the top. Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake to check if it done. Do not open the oven door often as cake will not rise properly.|
|Cool it for 10 to 15 minutes before you cut the cake.|
|If you wish, you can add any frosting on the top. But this cake tastes delicious without any icing.|
|Enjoy! Comment your feedback below if you loved the cake :)|